Somewhere

Somewhere-Dolphin Tale


For my image I choose to put myself in one of my favorite childhood movies, Dolphin Tale. Winter's passing inspired me to photoshop myself into the movie and replace one of the main characters Hazel. Winter served as an inspiration as she learned to swim with a prosthetic tail after she was injured from a crab trap rope. Although Photoshop is not my favorite Adobe platform, I had a lot of fun with this project. After using all the methods we have been taught in class, everything started to come together. Overall, the hardest part of the whole project was including my tag brush on Sawyer's shirt. 

Originally, I wanted to find a photo from the movie where more of the cast was in the photo however the images I found where not high enough resolution or displayed what I had in mind. I decided the photo with the three main chapters was very fitting for this project because it wasn't too busy and included all the aspects of the movie that I loved. 

Modeling for the photo was very funny. I know we are our own worst critics however I think I took over 20 self timer photos. Eventually I settled on the one above because it showed my enthusiasm as if I was seeing Winter in person. 

A scene from 2011's "Dolphin Tale." Winter, the animal who served as the film's inspiration, died on Thursday.
Started off this project by placing the scene as the background of the canvas. Then I placed the picture of myself on the canvas using the "place embedded" tool. Using the lasso tool I outlined Hazel and pressed "Content-Aware Fill". Hazel was then edited out of the photo and I placed myself over where she was. Using the brush tool I placed my logo over Sawyer's shirt and warped the logo so it fit to the swim shirt. Overall, I am very happy with how this project turned out. In a way it was my way to honor Winter. 

Comments

  1. You really look like you belong in this scene from the movie! You did a great job photoshopping yourself into Hazel's place. The happiness/enthusiasm on your face also really helps to sell the illusion that you're there with Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this somewhere project! It was such a good idea to do winter, such a tribute to the dolphin. I liked how for the picture you thought out how to sit, so it looked more natural in the photo. You are blended very well into the photo. My favorite part of this was how you added your tag brush onto his shirt; when I first looked at it I could not even tell that it was not part of the picture. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nia! I am glad you enjoy the Tag Brush as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. I love this project and I think you did a really good job on it. You fit right in so much that it looks like you are actually in the movie. My favorite aspect of your project is definitely how you put your tag brush on Sawyer's shirt. That is so creative and I remember in class I asked you where it was because I couldn't find it, since I thought it was actually a part of his shirt. This lighting you added looks good, too, and you nailed the pose to make it look like you are really sitting on the edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comments Bella! You always add so much feedback that is much appreciated:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

Business Card