Autoscopy

 AUTOSCOPY

The term autoscopy is derived from the Greek words "autos" (self) and "skopeo" (looking at). An autoscopy is a self-portrait with alternations to represent oneself or an experience. Within my autoscopy I included many space elements, specifically earth and different images of the galaxy. My final composition is composed of 4 images, my image, earth, a purple galaxy, and an orange galaxy. Each image has a hue/saturation alternation along with an opacity change. The inspiration for this piece came from an image where a galaxy was embedded into a woman’s face. This gave me the idea of incorporating space into my autoscopy. The first thing I did was isolate my face and body from the original image. From there I change the hue and saturation of myself. To add more detail to my face I then isolated my lips, changing them to a blue color. I wanted myself to have a cool saturation to represent Earth in a way. I then embedded a picture of the galaxy into the background. I then embed another galaxy into my sweater and lowered the opacity of the galaxy to 48%. Lastly, for my final image I decided to make my iris the Earth for both eyes. I incorporated my TagBrush into the galaxy in the background, trying to blend it into the cluster of stars. Overall, this project took me a total of 3 hours and I am very happy with the results. There were a few challenges such as isolating the lips to change the color but after many tries I was successful at doing so. 


Inspirational Image:

Picture of Earth used for Eyes:


Galaxy used for Background:

                                                                                            Galaxy used for Sweater:

Picture of Myself:



Comments

  1. This is very creative and I think that one of my favorite things is what you did with your tag brush. It's cool to me that you blended it into the stars. I really like your color choice for this project and I like that everything really pops. I think the blue lips were definitely a necessary touch, and I like how they stand out from the rest of the image. I think your adjustment layers really did you well in this project. Really good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bella! I appreciate all of your feedback!

      Delete
  2. I really like how you tied in the space theme throughout you're entire project. Especially how you changed your eyes to be the earth, I thought that was really cool. Overall, I think that you really nailed this project and on top of that, you're artist statement really immersed me into you're project even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good! I like how you blended everything together using similar colors. That really makes you look like you're in outer space. It's a super cool concept and I think you did very well with it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Project came out very nice. I like all the aspects of the background, the eye color change, and changing the sweater into a color system. Overall project came out nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Business Card